Wednesday 8 June 2011

Homemade Bread; Bread Maker


I have always been an odd person when it comes to gifts. I am awesome for getting the perfect gift for people but I have a tendency to ask for unusual gifts. Not many women in their early 20's ask for a bread maker for Christmas. But, I'm not like everyone else (and anyone who knows will attest to this). My mother-in-law knows how much of a hippy I am so she bought me a bread maker. BEST PRESENT EVER!!!! I love my bread maker. I had tried making bread by hand but the loafs always turned out as failures. I admitted defeat and so I have my now bread maker. It has so many different options and buttons and is just so cool. I have the options of white bread, whole wheat bread, french bread, sweet bread, quick bread, low carb bread, gluten free bread, dough, artisan dough and jam. Yeah, that last one really surprised me. I haven't used the option yet but with berry season starting, I will soon! So far I have made Banana Choco Walnut bread, pizza dough and whole wheat bread. The first five loafs of whole wheat bread I made were all within the first two weeks of my using the machine. My husband loves it! He loves the bread fresh from the machine smothered in butter, and how fluffy it is. My favourite recipe from the machine is English Muffin dough. So much better than the store bought stuff. Although I'm relying on a wall plug to make my bread, it is still cheaper than buying it from the store. Not to mention, I know what is for sure in the food, no preservatives. And the best part is that you just stick the ingredients in the machine, press START, and that's it. You don't have to babysit it. I can go out, go to work, go to sleep. Doesn't matter. In the end, I get a loaf of bread! In future posts, I will be describing recipes that I have used instead of store brands, comparing taste and price.

Happy Homesteading!!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog! that's fun!! You should come and share this bread on my blog hop!!!

    ReplyDelete